2012 Annual Benefit Gala
2012 Annual Benefit GalaThursday, October 4, 2012· 7:00 PM
Mandarin Oriental Hotel
80 Columbus Circle
New York, NY
The winners of the Mailer National Student Writing Contests, presented in partnership with the National Council of Teachers of English, were…
- National High School Teacher Award: Kay McSpadden, Why Women Moan in Bed
- National High School Award: Brittany Newell, Bad Kids
- National Community College Award: Edwin Reese, Lost Cosmonauts
- National College Poetry Award: Kim Stoll, If The Stars Were Black, The Skies White
- National College Award: Vincent Scarpa, I Hope You're Wrong About Scottsdale
The winner of the Muhammad Ali Ethics Award in partnership with the National Council of Teachers of English was...
- Evin Hughes, Float Like a Plane, Sting Like a Bomb: The Ethics of US Drone Attacks
The winner of the British GQ Norman Mailer Student Writing Award was…
- Thomas Ward, Four Night Stand
The evening's underwriter was Van Cleef & Arpels
The evening’s corporate sponsors included: American Airlines, HBO, Kramer Levin Naftalis and Frankel LLP, Core Media Group, Random House, British GQ, National Madison, Simon & SChuster, Janklow & Nesbit Associates, The Armand G. Erpf Fund, Miller Kozenik Sommers, The Gladstone Gallery and Eaton & Van Winkle, LLP.
The evening's gift bag donors included: TASCHEN, Random House, HarperCollins and the Mailer Review.