2013 Annual Benefit Gala
2013 Annual Benefit GalaThursday, October 17, 2013· 7:00 PM
Fifth Avenue at E. 42nd Street
New York, New York
The 2013 Norman Mailer Center Benefit Gala at the New York Public Library offers unique exposure to distinguished guests from the international library, culture, business and civic communities. Your contribution to the Benefit Gala is tax-deductible except for $205.00 per attending person which represents the estimated cost of the meal.
The Norman Mailer Center is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit public charitable organization.
Leader Ticket - $4,000
- Name listed in Gala event program distributed to all guests
- Name listed on Norman Mailer Center website for one year
Supporter Ticket - $2,500
Friend Ticket - $1,000
Premier Table - $40,000
Entertainment with premier placement adjacent to honoree tables
- Full-page color ad in the Gala event program distributed to all guests (if pledged by August 30, 2013).
- Company name listed on banner at the entrance to the Gala.
- Verbal recognition in a speech from the podium at the Gala.
- Company logo appearing onscreen in the ballroom during the Gala.
- Link to company website, plus logo featured in two locations, on the Norman Mailer Center website for one year
Public Relations and Press
- Key photo opportunities at Gala step-and-repeat for your executives.
- Company may contribute to gift bags for all guests at the Gala, if desired.
- Company may refer to its support of the Norman Mailer Center in marketing materials for one year, including use of the organization’s name and logo, subject to review and advance approval by the Norman Mailer Center.
- Highlight in a press release announcing the Gala event, distributed to national, regional and local media. Previous years’ press included coverage in The New York Times, The Daily Beast, Vanity Fair, Page Six, The Wall Street Journal, and international journals
Patron Table - $25,000
- Includes a half-page color ad and name listed in the Gala event program distributed to all guests (if pledged by August 30, 2013)
- Link to your company’s website from the Norman Mailer Center website for one year.
- Name listed in Gala event program distributed to all guests.
Benefactor Table - $10,000
- Includes your name listed in the Gala event program distributed to all guests.
- Name listed on Norman Mailer website for one year.
The winners of the Mailer Student Writing Awards, presented in partnership with the National Council of Teachers of English, are:
- National High School Teacher Writing Award in Non-Fiction: Teresa Janssen, In Search of Pink Flamingos: A Journey to the Middle of the Earth
- National College Writing Award in Non-Fiction: Brendan Craine, A Cicada Shell/ It Sang Itself/ Utterly Away
- National High School Award in Non-Fiction: Oscar Medrano, I Accept
- National 2-Year College Award in Non-Fiction: Jonathan Holland, Recovery
- National College Poetry Award: Amelia Urry, Collected Poetry
The winner of the British GQ Norman Mailer Student Writing Award:
- Maia Jenkins, To the Weakness of Others
The 2013 Annual Benefit Gala is underwritten by: Van Cleef & ArpelsGala Inquiries: Lynn McCary Events, 212.629.8748